Metal Stamping Services at Apex Spring and Stamping
With an in-house tool and die department. Apex has over 100 years of experience. We are able to provide manufactured parts complete, and sometimes eliminate secondary operations. This allows us to provide much greater value! We provide custom metal stamping and precision metal stamping.
Types of Metal Stamping Material
- Spring Steel (SAE-1050, SAE-1070-75, SAE-1095) Annealed and Pre-tempered
Spring steel SAE 1050 is a higher carbon steel, with elevated tensile strength that is strong, durable, and resistant to wear. It has a higher tensile strength than materials like 1008-1010 and 1020.
The advantages of this material are
- Formability in the Annealed state
- High Tensile Strength with post heat treatment (austempering) process.
- Its low carbon content, ease of shaping, strength, and corrosion resistance in heavy applications.
In spring steel 1095, carbon is the principal alloying ingredient. They also have 0.4 percent silicon and 1.2 percent manganese in them. Nickel, copper, aluminum, and molybdenum are all found in tiny amounts. SAE I1095 is brittle and has great hardness and strength.
- Cold-Rolled (CRS-1008, CRS 1010) Steel
Mild, low carbon steel is what 1008 Cold Rolled Steel is known for. It is usually thought of as a cost-effective alternative to our T304 Stainless Steel due to its composition and versatility.
Cold Rolled Steel (CRS) 1010 is low alloyed steel that is drawn/rolled cold for improved surface quality and toughness. It's normally made as a bar or rod, then rolled or extruded into its final shape. CRS1010 is available in hard, half-hard, and annealed states, depending on additional processing.
- Brass Metal
Brass is a non-ferrous red metal that is made up of copper and zinc alloys. To produce differing electrical and mechanical qualities, the amounts of copper and zinc can sometimes be changed.
- Beryllium Copper
Beryllium copper is noted for its strong electrical and thermal conductivity, as well as its flexibility. It can be stamped into complicated forms with close tolerances and has excellent corrosion and oxidation resilience.
- Stainless Steel 301
Type 301 is a chromium-nickel austenitic stainless steel that may be cold worked to achieve high hardness and flexibility. Heat treatment will not stiffen it. In the annealed state, Type 301 is non-magnetic, but as it cools, it gets more magnetic.
- Stainless Steel 304
One of the most efficient and extensively used stainless steel is Type 304. 304 stainless steel is austenitic stainless steel that may be deep drawn to extreme depths.
Aluminum is a metal that is lightweight, robust, versatile, non-corrosive, and indefinitely reusable.
- Pre-Tempered (Martensite, Stainless Steel, Brass)
Martensite is a primary element of hardened steel, a hard and exceedingly brittle solid combination of carbon in iron.
Industries We Serve
- Metal Stamping for Automotive
- Metal Stamping for Office Furniture Parts
- Consumer Products, and Electronics
- Military Components
Apex Spring and Stamping FAQs
What are the types of metal stamping processes?Metal stamping techniques are divided into three categories:
- Progressive Dies
- Fourslide Tooling
- Multi-slide Tooling
What are the advantages of Metal Stamping?Stamping has a number of advantages over other more labor-intensive techniques, such as:
- Reduced die costs
- Elimination of secondary costs
- Reduced costs
What is the stamping process in manufacturing?Stamping is an industrial manufacturing technique for transforming flat metal sheets into desired finished shapes. A continuous coil of steel is fed through a stamping press, where the metal is formed into a final shape by a tool and die surface.
What products does Apex make for their customers currently?
- Hinge Plates
- Stop Tabs
- Compression Limiters
- Speed Nuts
- Tinner type clips
- Automotive Center Console Parts
- Horn Brackets
- Wall System Brackets
- Motion Control Brackets
- Components for lighting and lamps
- Products for decorative stamping
- Components of bearings
- Automobile components
- Controls and components for appliances
What are the production capabilities of the press equipment?Apex Spring and Stamping provides equipment with the following production capacities:
- (18) 45 – 200-ton gap frame presses
- Press bed sizes range from 16.0” x 31.5” (45 ton) to 34.0” x 57.0” (200 ton)
- In die sensing (standard on all tools)
- Inline (die) tapping – reduced processes/handling
- In die staking – reduced processes/handling
- Customer-specific designs
- Low to high volume run capabilities